( click for map)
* Please meet in parking lot off Laurel Street, next to the children’s playground.
YOGA FOR ALL @11a-1150a
(click for map)
* Please meet in parking lot.
$10 PER CLASS
($15 FOR BOTH ON SUNDAY)
Posted in fitness, health, yoga
Tagged 9a, amazon, amazon kindle, animals, Apple, Barack Obama, beach, Beach Tabata, Beach Yoga, bigforkinmouth, Bradenton Florida, cancer, Chase, fit2run, Florida, food, gabriel sanders, grass, health, healthy-living, iphone, iphone 5, jpmorgan chase, Lakewood Ranch, LinkedIn, magic sandbox, magicsandbox, park, pet food, pets, Real estate, Religion and Spirituality, Sarasota, sex, StumbleUpon, summerfield, summerfield park, tabata, Tumblr, United States, weekday classes, yoga
Here are segments from the great new article on Runner’s World:
Why strike a pose? Studies have shown that yoga squashes stress, aids weight loss, eases pain, helps people stick to an exercise routine, and even improves running times. The strength and flexibility you develop on the mat–namely in the core, quads, hamstrings, and hip flexors–can help you run more efficiently and stay injury-free, says Adam St. Pierre, a coach, biomechanist, and exercise physiologist for the Boulder Center for Sports Medicine.
Additionally, holding challenging poses builds tenacity that’ll pay off on the road. Lauren Fleshman, a two-time national outdoor 5000-meter champion, started practicing yoga after breaking her foot in 2008. But the poses gave her more than just foot strength: “Yoga helps me control my emotions while I’m in discomfort on the road,” she says. “Enduring an intense pose is a lot like enduring a long run or tempo run.”
For all the perks yoga offers, it still requires a cautious approach. Get too ambitious, and you could end up hurt and frustrated. This guide will make easing in easy.
TIME IT RIGHT
via Yoga Poses to Build Strength for Running | Runner’s World & Running Times.
Posted in fitness, Shared Articles, yoga
Tagged #Awesome, #Sandy, #SOPA, 007, 2013, amanda todd, amazon kindle, AmazonKindle, american airlines, amp, avenida brasil, Barnes & Noble, bbb12, biomechanist, books, E-book, exercise physiologist, facebook, fiscal cliff, gabriel sanders, gallagher, gangnam style, Google, Google Play, health, healthy-living, here comes honey boo boo, Hip flexors, hurricane sandy, IBook, ipad 3, ipad mini, iphone, iphone 5, james bond, jenny, jenny gallagher, jeremy lin, kate middleton, Kobo, Lauren Fleshman, literature, magic sandbox, magic sandbox fitness, magicsandbox, meter champion, michael clarke duncan, michael phelps, mind over mat, modeling, Nook, obama, olympics, one direction, peyton manning, prenatal yoga, privilege, prometheus, Religion and Spirituality, Runners World, samsung galaxy s3, selena gomez, skyfall, Smashwords, southwest airlines, Sports medicine, Strength training, stretching, superstorm sandy, the hunger games, Tumblr, united airlines, weight loss, whitney houston, www.magic, www.magicsandbox.com, yahoo!, yoga, zeitgeist
I had the great honor and privilege of modeling for Jenny Gallagher’s new awesome book!
<CLICK HERE FOR PHOTOS>
iBookstore, Amazon Kindle, B&N Nook, Google Play, Kobo, Bizrate
Hardcopies are available for purchase for $14.95 + tax & shipping: http://www.jennygallagher.com/published_work.html
OR buy them directly from me!
Posted in Loving Life, Spirituality, The essentials of yoga, yoga
Tagged #Awesome, #Sandy, #SOPA, 007, amanda todd, amazon kindle, AmazonKindle, american airlines, amp, avenida brasil, Barnes & Noble, bbb12, books, E-book, facebook, gabriel sanders, gallagher, gangnam style, Google, Google Play, here comes honey boo boo, hurricane sandy, IBook, ipad 3, ipad mini, iphone, iphone 5, james bond, jenny, jenny gallagher, jeremy lin, kate middleton, Kobo, literature, magic sandbox, magicsandbox, michael clarke duncan, michael phelps, mind over mat, modeling, Nook, olympics, one direction, peyton manning, privilege, prometheus, samsung galaxy s3, selena gomez, skyfall, Smashwords, southwest airlines, superstorm sandy, the hunger games, Tumblr, united airlines, whitney houston, www.magic, www.magicsandbox.com, yahoo!, yoga
In random order….
1. In 2009, a study was produced by nurses with 3,256 participants. For those who drank at least 2 servings of diet soda daily, it revealed a 30% drop in kidney function. (ref: Supplement Relief)
2. Recent studies show that a diet-soda habit can increase your risk of stroke, osteoporosis, and type two diabetes. Early studies show diet-soda drinkers are 61 percent more likely to have a stroke, have , and are more at risk for developing type two diabetes. (ref: Fit Sugar)
3. As early as 1960 aspartame was determined to be a dangerous chemical and the emerging research years later only served to affirm the true nature of this artificial sweetener. Over the years, aspartame has been found to create holes in brain tissue, adversely affect the brain and nerve development in the fetus, cause cancer, migraines, headaches, seizures, convulsions and even retinal damage. With this amount of negative findings, aspartame should have been removed from the market years ago! (ref: natural news)
** See also on magicsandbox: All About Aspartame
4. Diet sodas are acidic. Excess acid can be hard on the digestive system. For the generally healthy person, this only becomes a problem with excessive intake of diet sodas; however, those with gastrointestinal problems, such as acid reflux, indigestion or ulcers can exacerbate their conditions by consuming only small amounts of diet sodas. Acidic beverages are also hard on tooth enamel, which can cause decaying or rotting of the teeth, leading to cavities. (ref: livestrong)
There are no healthy ingredients in diet soda!
- Foods That Ruin Your Diet (minimalistworkout.wordpress.com)
- Some People Are a Little Nervous About American Kids Drinking So Much Diet Soda [Diet Soda] (jezebel.com)
- Think Diet Soda Is Okay? Think Again! (doctorshealthpress.com)
- Can diet soda make you fat? (therealfoodchannel.com)
- Inside the Diet Soda Debate (doctorshealthpress.com)
- 3 Health Risks of Diet Pop (dangerouslee.biz)
- U.S. Kids Drowning In Diet Drinks (foodconsumer.org)
- Aspartame is not the only thing in diet cola that can kill you (organicready.org)
- Can diet soda make you fat? (brasschecktv.com)
Posted in diet, food, health, nutrition, weight loss
Tagged #Awesome, #Sandy, #SOPA, 007, amanda todd, amazon, amazon kindle, american airlines, artificial sweetener, aspartame, avenida brasil, babies, Barack Obama, bbb12, beach, Beach Tabata, Beach Yoga, bigforkinmouth, brasschecktv.com, cancer, Capital One, Carey Yaruss, children, Clint Eastwood, Conditions and Diseases, craigslist.org, dangerouslee.biz, Democrat, Diabetes mellitus type 2, diet, diet coke, Diet food, diet pepsi, diet pop, diet rc cola, diet root beer, diet soda, diet soda ass, diet soda butt, diet soda health, diet soda health risks, diet soda research, diet sodas, Digg, doctorshealthpress, dr. oz, Endocrine Disorders, Fit Sugar, fit2run, fitness, fitsugar, fitsugar.com, Florida, food, Food Drink and Nutrition, foodconsumer.org, from the cradle to the grave, gabriel sanders, gangnam style, Google, Google +1, hatha yoga, health, here comes honey boo boo, hurricane sandy, ING Direct, ipad 3, ipad mini, iphone, iphone 5, james bond, Jennifer Granholm, jeremy lin, jezebel, Joe Biden, kate middleton, Kindle Fire, Lakewood Ranch, LinkedIn, magic sandbox, magicsandbox, magicsandbox.com, Massage, massage therapist, Massage Therapy and Bodywork, medicine, michael clarke duncan, michael phelps, Miley Cyrus, minimalistworkout, olympics, one direction, organicready.org, Pancreas, peyton manning, Pinterest, Pool, pregnancy, pregnant, pregnant woman, pregnant women, Press This, prevention, prevention.com, prometheus, Real estate, Reddit, Republican, Risk, Romney, running, samsung galaxy s3, Sarasota Herald-Tribune, sarasota massage therapist, science, seizures convulsions, selena gomez, skyfall, soda drinkers, Soft drink, southwest airlines, St. Armand's Circle, StumbleUpon, sugar, Sugar substitute, superstorm sandy, supplement relief, Sushi, tabata, Tabatawata, the hunger games, therealfoodchannel, tooth enamel, Tumblr, united airlines, vacation, vinyasa yoga, water, Water Aerobics, weight gain, whitney houston, women's health, wordpress, yoga