In random order….
1. In 2009, a study was produced by nurses with 3,256 participants. For those who drank at least 2 servings of diet soda daily, it revealed a 30% drop in kidney function. (ref: Supplement Relief)
2. Recent studies show that a diet-soda habit can increase your risk of stroke, osteoporosis, and type two diabetes. Early studies show diet-soda drinkers are 61 percent more likely to have a stroke, have , and are more at risk for developing type two diabetes. (ref: Fit Sugar)
3. As early as 1960 aspartame was determined to be a dangerous chemical and the emerging research years later only served to affirm the true nature of this artificial sweetener. Over the years, aspartame has been found to create holes in brain tissue, adversely affect the brain and nerve development in the fetus, cause cancer, migraines, headaches, seizures, convulsions and even retinal damage. With this amount of negative findings, aspartame should have been removed from the market years ago! (ref: natural news)
** See also on magicsandbox: All About Aspartame
4. Diet sodas are acidic. Excess acid can be hard on the digestive system. For the generally healthy person, this only becomes a problem with excessive intake of diet sodas; however, those with gastrointestinal problems, such as acid reflux, indigestion or ulcers can exacerbate their conditions by consuming only small amounts of diet sodas. Acidic beverages are also hard on tooth enamel, which can cause decaying or rotting of the teeth, leading to cavities. (ref: livestrong)
There are no healthy ingredients in diet soda!
- Foods That Ruin Your Diet (minimalistworkout.wordpress.com)
- Some People Are a Little Nervous About American Kids Drinking So Much Diet Soda [Diet Soda] (jezebel.com)
- Think Diet Soda Is Okay? Think Again! (doctorshealthpress.com)
- Can diet soda make you fat? (therealfoodchannel.com)
- Inside the Diet Soda Debate (doctorshealthpress.com)
- 3 Health Risks of Diet Pop (dangerouslee.biz)
- U.S. Kids Drowning In Diet Drinks (foodconsumer.org)
- Aspartame is not the only thing in diet cola that can kill you (organicready.org)
- Can diet soda make you fat? (brasschecktv.com)
Posted in diet, food, health, nutrition, weight loss
Tagged #Awesome, #Sandy, #SOPA, 007, amanda todd, amazon, amazon kindle, american airlines, artificial sweetener, aspartame, avenida brasil, babies, Barack Obama, bbb12, beach, Beach Tabata, Beach Yoga, bigforkinmouth, brasschecktv.com, cancer, Capital One, Carey Yaruss, children, Clint Eastwood, Conditions and Diseases, craigslist.org, dangerouslee.biz, Democrat, Diabetes mellitus type 2, diet, diet coke, Diet food, diet pepsi, diet pop, diet rc cola, diet root beer, diet soda, diet soda ass, diet soda butt, diet soda health, diet soda health risks, diet soda research, diet sodas, Digg, doctorshealthpress, dr. oz, Endocrine Disorders, Fit Sugar, fit2run, fitness, fitsugar, fitsugar.com, Florida, food, Food Drink and Nutrition, foodconsumer.org, from the cradle to the grave, gabriel sanders, gangnam style, Google, Google +1, hatha yoga, health, here comes honey boo boo, hurricane sandy, ING Direct, ipad 3, ipad mini, iphone, iphone 5, james bond, Jennifer Granholm, jeremy lin, jezebel, Joe Biden, kate middleton, Kindle Fire, Lakewood Ranch, LinkedIn, magic sandbox, magicsandbox, magicsandbox.com, Massage, massage therapist, Massage Therapy and Bodywork, medicine, michael clarke duncan, michael phelps, Miley Cyrus, minimalistworkout, olympics, one direction, organicready.org, Pancreas, peyton manning, Pinterest, Pool, pregnancy, pregnant, pregnant woman, pregnant women, Press This, prevention, prevention.com, prometheus, Real estate, Reddit, Republican, Risk, Romney, running, samsung galaxy s3, Sarasota Herald-Tribune, sarasota massage therapist, science, seizures convulsions, selena gomez, skyfall, soda drinkers, Soft drink, southwest airlines, St. Armand's Circle, StumbleUpon, sugar, Sugar substitute, superstorm sandy, supplement relief, Sushi, tabata, Tabatawata, the hunger games, therealfoodchannel, tooth enamel, Tumblr, united airlines, vacation, vinyasa yoga, water, Water Aerobics, weight gain, whitney houston, women's health, wordpress, yoga
“As early as 1960 aspartame was determined to be a dangerous chemical and the emerging research years later only served to affirm the true nature of this artificial sweetener. Over the years, aspartame has been found to create holes in brain tissue, adversely affect the brain and nerve development in the fetus, cause cancer, migraines, headaches, seizures, convulsions and even retinal damage. With this amount of negative findings, aspartame should have been removed from the market years ago!”
Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com
What is aspartame? From Wikipedia: Aspartame (APM; /ˈæspərteɪm/ or /əˈspɑrteɪm/) is an artificial, non-saccharide sweetener used as a sugar substitute in some foods and beverages. In the European Union, it is codified as E951. Aspartame is a methyl ester of the aspartic acid/phenylalanine dipeptide. It was first sold under the brand name NutraSweet; since 2009 it also has been sold under the brand name AminoSweet. It was first synthesized in 1965 and the patent expired in 1992.
A recent article from mindbodygreen:
- Chewing gum
- Flavored water
- Sugar-free products
- Drink powders
- Cooking sauces
- Children’s medicines
- Diet sodas
- Tabletop sweeteners
More from http://www.naturalnews.com: These are amazing articles, and are the FIRST 10 of ABOUT 75 that you can read here: http://naturalnews.com/aspartame.html
Learn all about ASD, formaldehyde in the body, weight gain, strokes, and more…. and how is Donald Rumsfeld connected to it all?
- Aspartame danger – urgent warning about tumors and seizures.
- Aspartame withdrawal and side effects explained – Here’s how to protect yourself.
- Evidence shows diet soda is not a healthy weight loss product.
- NutraSweet Company brags about the second coming of aspartame: Neotame now taking over world markets.
- Neotame the next aspartame? FDA doesn’t require labeling of chemical sweetener created by Monsanto.
- Four ways Monsanto threatens the environment and public health.
- Artificial Sweetener Disease; a new breed of sickness.
- Health Basics: What is Aspartame?
- Conventional medicine ignores root causes of fibromyalgia
- Study: Drinking diet soda actually causes weight gain, blood sugar spikes
Posted in diet, food, Food articles, health, nutrition, Shared Articles
Tagged #Awesome, #Sandy, #SOPA, 007, 24, 24 hour fitness, ab workouts, african-american, amanda todd, amazon, amazon kindle, amazon.com, America, american airlines, American Diabetes Association, animal rescue, aspartame, avenida brasil, Bally's, ban, Bank of America, Barack Obama, baseball, batman, bbb12, beach, Beach Tabata, Beach Yoga, bigforkinmouth, bigforkinmouth.com, black, black&decker, blog, blogger, blogpost, body, body weight, bodyweight, bodywork, boot camp, bootcamp, Bradenton, canada, cancer, Capital One, carey, Carey Yaruss, changes, Chase, chewing gum, children, children's medicines, chinese, Clint Eastwood, companies, consumers, cooking sauces, corn, corn syrup, craigslist.org, Crunch gym, curves, dark knight, Democrat, diet, diet and nutrition, diet soda, diet soda health risks, digestion, Digg, disease, Equinox, exercise, facebook, family, fat, FDA, fibromyalgia, fit2run, fitness, fitting in health, fizzy drinks, flavored water, Florida, food, food industry, food manufacturers, foods, formaldehyde, gabriel, gabriel sanders, gangnam style, gmail, Gold's gym, Google, Google +1, government, gym, gymnastics, happiness, hatha yoga, health, heart, here comes honey boo boo, hh Gregg, hispanic, hospital, hotmail, human body, hurricane sandy, hydrogenated oils, industry, ING Direct, ingredients, insurance, ipad 3, ipad mini, iphone, iphone 5, james bond, japanese, Jennifer Granholm, jeremy lin, jewish, Joe Biden, junk food, junk foods, kate middleton, kids, Kindle Fire, korean, Lakewood Ranch, Lido Beach, life, LinkedIn, little league, love, magic, magic sandbox, magic sandbox fitness, magicsandbox, magicsandbox.com, Manatee County, Massage, massage therapist, Massage Therapy and Bodywork, media, Men's Health, michael clarke duncan, michael phelps, Miley Cyrus, mind, mortgage, msn, myfitnesspal, myfitnesspal.com, natural news, naturalnews.com, nature, nutrasweet, oils, olympics, one direction, online banking, pet food, peyton manning, pilates, Pinterest, plusone, plusone fitness, Pool, power lifting, power yoga, Press This, processed foods, products, profits, prometheus, protein, public health, Real estate, Reddit, Republican, restorative yoga, Romney, runner, running, samsung galaxy s3, sandbox, sanders, Sarasota, Sarasota County, Sarasota Herald-Tribune, sarasota massage therapist, seafood, selena gomez, senior citizen, sex, skyfall, sodium, sodium nitrite, soft drinks, soul, southwest airlines, spiderman, sports, sports camp, St. Armand's Circle, stretching, stroke, StumbleUpon, sugar, sugar-free products, superstorm sandy, Sushi, tabata, Tabatawata, tabletop sweeteners, Target, tax breaks, tax cuts, teenagers, the FDA, the hobbit, the hunger games, tobacco, tooth decay, trainer, training, Tumblr, Twitter, united airlines, USDA, vacation, vinyasa yoga, water, Water Aerobics, weight loss, whey protein, whitney houston, wordpress, www.magicsandbox.com, xxx, yahoo!, yaruss, yelp, yoga, yoga for everyone