In random order….
2. Recent studies show that a diet-soda habit can increase your risk of stroke, osteoporosis, and type two diabetes. Early studies show diet-soda drinkers are 61 percent more likely to have a stroke, have , and are more at risk for developing type two diabetes. (ref: Fit Sugar)
3. As early as 1960 aspartame was determined to be a dangerous chemical and the emerging research years later only served to affirm the true nature of this artificial sweetener. Over the years, aspartame has been found to create holes in brain tissue, adversely affect the brain and nerve development in the fetus, cause cancer, migraines, headaches, seizures, convulsions and even retinal damage. With this amount of negative findings, aspartame should have been removed from the market years ago! (ref: natural news)
** See also on magicsandbox: All About Aspartame
4. Diet sodas are acidic. Excess acid can be hard on the digestive system. For the generally healthy person, this only becomes a problem with excessive intake of diet sodas; however, those with gastrointestinal problems, such as acid reflux, indigestion or ulcers can exacerbate their conditions by consuming only small amounts of diet sodas. Acidic beverages are also hard on tooth enamel, which can cause decaying or rotting of the teeth, leading to cavities. (ref: livestrong)
There are no healthy ingredients in diet soda!
- Foods That Ruin Your Diet (minimalistworkout.wordpress.com)
- Some People Are a Little Nervous About American Kids Drinking So Much Diet Soda [Diet Soda] (jezebel.com)
- Think Diet Soda Is Okay? Think Again! (doctorshealthpress.com)
- Can diet soda make you fat? (therealfoodchannel.com)
- Inside the Diet Soda Debate (doctorshealthpress.com)
- 3 Health Risks of Diet Pop (dangerouslee.biz)
- U.S. Kids Drowning In Diet Drinks (foodconsumer.org)
- Aspartame is not the only thing in diet cola that can kill you (organicready.org)
- Can diet soda make you fat? (brasschecktv.com)